Sunday, August 23, 2009

More From Johnannesburg

More from Bob B
"Up and at it early this morning at 700-830 am.

Marion and I had a TV interview with SABC2 here in Jo'Burg.

Marion performed "Suede" from his "Player's Club" disc and it is from the last time, we did "South Beach" together, our signature composition from his 1995 disc "Body Rhythm".

There was no keyboard, thus the solo sax selection...on "SB", we got creative...I did my best Al Jarreau impersonation and scatted the bassline with Marion.

Hmmmm...may need to incorporate that in our show this weekend at Bassline in Jo'Burg.

From what I've heard so far, Marion and I are the only American musicians in town so far. We are using South African musicians which afforded us to come in a few days early, to soak, in all of the positive energy of SA".

No comments:

Post a Comment